Netflix: Ads and Pop-ups when streaming to your PC or Mac
Netflix does not push advertisements to members using our service. If you are experiencing advertisements or pop-ups when streaming video from Netflix to your computer, your computer or browser has most likely been compromised by malware.
To resolve this issue, use the anti-malware, anti-adware or anti-virus software recommended by your computer manufacturer or a trusted IT professional.
While Netflix as a company does not endorse or advocate specific vendors, our Support Engineers have successfully used Malware Bytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/) to clean up these types of infections. Keep in mind that malware can evolve, or other malicious programs may cause similar problems. Here is list of reputable software vendors that sell or provide free tools to help combat these types of attacks on your PC or Mac:
- Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
- Sophos: http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/virus-removal-tool.aspx
- Trend Micro: http://www.trendmicro.com
- F-Secure: http://www.f-secure.com
- Symantec: http://www.norton.com
Has anyone seen this type of infection?